Hours of work:
Monday to Friday - 7.5 hours per day. The client is somewhat flexible with the start and finish times as long as the hours are completed between 08:00am and 17:30pm.
Immediate start available.
£9.23 to £10.26 per hour, depending on skills and experience.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks as an Accounts Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Supplier query resolution
- Transport and reconciliation against source documents
- Debtors and creditors report
- Purchase Ledger invoice processing
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Provide cover for the processing of payment runs using BACS, CHAPS
- Bank reconciliations and update of month end balance sheet rec
- Posting cash receipts and payments
- General support on accounts activities i.e. query investigation, emailing, posting customer statements etc.
- Provide on-going support as dictated by needs of the business and/or Finance Manager
- Complete third party requirements within deadlines specified
- Raise and process Purchase Orders for the business, including stationery orders and process with suppliers
- Maintaining cash flow
- Keep Client Services team updated with debtors reports
- Month end journals
- Previous relevant work experience within Accounts or Finance department would be beneficial.
- Computer Literate.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft systems - full training will be provided on other systems and process used within the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to provide cover during periods of holiday, sickness and during exceptionally busy periods.
- Be proactive in seeking additional training or support where necessary.
- Have a good understanding of finance related documents, processes and objectives applicable to the role.
This role as an Accounts Assistant is initially for a 6 month period however, for the right candidate this could become a permanent position.
If you are interested in this Accounts Assistant role please submit an up to date CV and ensure contact details are included.