Direct Payments Finance officer
|Job Title:||Direct Payments Finance officer|
|Salary:||£21 - £27.17 per hour|
|Reference:||Adult Social Care|
|Contact Name:||Marta Dimetros|
|Job Published:||October 13, 2017 10:52|
£27.17 p/hr LTD/umbrella
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Adult Social Care department of a central/West London local authority who are currently looking for a Direct Payments Finance officer to join their team.
1. Job Purpose
1.1 To ensure that ASC Direct Payments are made in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the Council’s Direct payments scheme, using the social care database.
1.2 To ensure quarterly monitoring of Direct Payments balances, held by customers, are reviewed and that Social Work Teams are informed of the balances.
1.3 To ensure all customer queries relating to Direct Payments made through Frameworki are dealt with promptly and in accordance with good customer care practices.
2. Description of main duties
2.1 To run Frameworki pay cycles in accordance with annual payment schedules agreed with the Direct Payments Finance Manager, for designated are and to provide cover for other payment officers.
2.2 To reconcile each pay cycle with the previous period pay cycle and explain any variances. Any payments that should not be made should be “held” or “rejected”
2.3 Send a Frameworki tasks to the Payments and/or Finance Manger requesting pay cycles be authorised and complete pay cycles when certified by the Manager,
2.4 To ensure Frameworki interfaces successfully into Agresso and resolve any issues that may cause an interface file to fail.
2.5 To pay Direct Payment Managed Account invoices received from suppliers in accordance with the Council’s payment terms.
2.6 To ensure that Direct Payment quarterly monitoring forms are sent to all customers. Collate information from the returned forms and advise social work teams
2.7 Ensure that overpayment reclaims agreed with social work teams are recovered from customers and correctly accounted for.
2.8 To make manual/emergency payments through the Agresso accounting system for any payments required in between scheduled pay cycles.
2.9 To ensure all customer and supplier queries relating to Direct Payments are dealt with promptly and in accordance with good customer care practices.
2.10 To liaise with customers and suppliers, the Frameworki team and BT Managed Services to ensure suppliers are set up on both Frameworki and Agresso.
2.11 To undertake any additional payment related duties, as directed by the Direct Payments Finance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
1. Experience of making electronic payments to customers and/or providers using feeder systems that interface into a main accounting system
2. An understanding of the need for proper financial and management controls when making payments to customers and providers.
3. Experience of dealing with external customers and applying good customer care principles in the delivery of a front line financial service.
5. Experience of using core financial systems, databases and other supporting IT
6. Evidence of working as part of a professional team and of working flexibly.
B SKILLS AND ABILITIES
7. Organised and able to produce work to tight deadlines and to acceptable standards
8. Able to demonstrate personal and professional credibility, and strong inter-personal skills
9. Able to contribute to improvements to processes and to problem
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's