Location: London - Facilities Management
Salary Band: (£36,917 - £50,000)
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Front of House/Concierge/General Manager to join this dynamic , well established growing Training Company situated in Central London
Purpose of role
Reporting to the Head of Production, the General Manager (GM) is responsible for all aspects of customer experience in the building. In this role the GM will provide leadership in directing the development and execution of world class customer experience, financial planning and analysis, operational excellence and a balanced scorecard.
The key goal of the General Manager is to create and maintain a truly differentiated customer experience focusing on both strategy and operations. In addition, the GM is directly responsible for housekeeping, front office, and food & beverage services. Other responsibilities include the implementation and compliance to the companies policies, procedures and accreditations as well as maintaining brand standards. They will work closely with the Head of Production and the Innovation Director as required, to accomplish these goals.
Our ideal candidate will:
Fully appreciate the spirit and purpose of a frontline support role and approach it with a customer centric, will-do attitude.
Understand every aspect of world class customer service and have a passion for delivering exceptional standards.
Understand the importance of serving the internal customer in the same way as external customers.
Inspire team members to deliver unique experiences, personalised to every customer.
Maintain a professional focus on luxury standards (people, environment, experience and presentation).
Understand and embrace the companies continuous improvement philosophy and be ready to champion and drive change.
Provide strategic and tactical oversight on operational aspects such as food/beverage services, decorations, renovations, repairs etc.
Continue to evolve HF's service culture to drive service excellence and customer loyalty.
Lead a cohesive team of service professionals, who take pride in ensuring every customer experience is exceptional.
Be a passionate Ambassador for the company and the brand.
Bring public relations knowledge and expertise.
Have a strong awareness of various global cultures and traditions.
Operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
Adhere to flexible working hours as the building needs it.
Knowledge & Skills
Extensive experience in a frontline customer experience role, with direct responsibility for budgeting and forecasting.
- Extensive experience of leading a service culture with a preference for experience in property management with multiple offerings from room hire, event management, VIP guest management, office management and developing the offering into a world class experience.
- Thorough understanding of digital display media such as digital smart boards, iOS/Android, monitors etc.
- Experience in a leadership role, managing expectations of top executives.
- Excellent communication skills, public speaking, written and oral, with the ability to customise the message to the audience (guest, team member, owner, and other stakeholders).
- Ability to attract, lead, develop and inspire a talented team.
- Previous global experience advantageous, working cross culturally with customers and team members.
- Ability to communicate in other languages.
- Ability to manage innovative experiences including events management.
- Support the Innovation Director with the implementation of new concepts in Grosvenor Place.
- All event management planned to the smallest detail and communicated to the Innovation Director.
- New processes and procedures documented and communicated to the team.
- Present new ideas and concepts to the Innovation Director for enhancing the innovation experience in London.
- Review the building on daily basis and identify areas for improvement, organising implementation.
- Manage the budget for GP.
- Build a professional working relationship with the CEO and Directors and understand how to implement changes with pace.
- Negotiate contracts to the requirements of the building.
- Creatively implement ideas at pace.
- Manage the team with excitement and enthusiasm.
- Run weekly meetings and inspections of the building.
- Manage the cleaning contract with meticulous detail.
- Use a creative eye to keep the building safe, looking fresh and engaging.
- Undertake the duties of Contract Manager for suppliers.
- Manage the holiday and working schedule of the team.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment in all rooms.
- Build strong relationships with IT.
- Manage all renovations to the building including planning permission ensuring we are compliant with all regulations.
- Access to specialist suppliers for important events.
- Lead on finding and implementing a new emergency maintenance supplier.
- Communicate with the Innovation Director on vital maintenance work on a weekly basis and when it is being completed.
- Lead on working with the Head of Marketing to ensure that all products and services are being marketed in the building in the correct way.
Excellent communication/interpersonal skills with at least 4 years Front of House/Operational Management Experience at the highest level ( L & D exp Desirable